National Day of Prayer - May 4, 2017
6:00 PM at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Center
(Play video, above)
The National Day of Prayer is honored and emphasized each Spring at ABF on the first Thursday of May. The National Day of Prayer is Thursday, May 4, 2017. Come and join with churches from across the Conejo Valley at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Center to pray with our nation, state and city at 6:00 PM.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and
seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
II Chronicles 7:14
1. Pray for our national and state government leaders
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Pray for leaders to humble themselves to seek God's great wisdom for the challenges we face as a nation, a state and a community. Pray that God will open their hearts to Jesus.
- Pray for our troops serving throughout the world for safety and that they would be drawn to Jesus.
- Pray their families will call out to God as they wait at home.
- Pray for our legislatures that the laws they pass will not impede the progress of the Gospel.
- Pray for our judges to humble themselves and judge by righteousness.
2. Pray for families and friends who need Jesus
but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a
defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;
I Peter 3:15
Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of
thanksgiving; praying at the same time . . . that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ.
- Pray for five people who are far from God who need Jesus.
- Pray for a greater boldness in sharing the gospel.
- Pray that you will have an opportunity to share with each person this year.
3. Pray for our Church
Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.
Hebrews 13:7 (NLT)
- Pray for a fresh anointing from God for our staff.
- Pray for purity, godly relationships and strong families.
- Pray for our elders that they would have wisdom.
- Pray for a renewed commitment to prayer.
- Pray for revival for our community and a greater openness to the Gospel.
For more information, contact:
Agoura Bible Fellowship
ABF Prayer & Praise
ABF Prayer & Praise information can now be emailed directly to our Prayer Chain Coordinator.
Email the Prayer Chain Coordinator
You may send Prayer Requests or Praise Reports 24/7.
This information is directed to the faithful ABF Prayer Team and is not used for other purposes.
Sunday evenings at 6:00 PM in The Well. Watch EVENTS for next date.
We have introduced a number of ways to elevate the value of prayer at ABF. We extend the invitation to ALL to join our prayer team as we faithfully pray for the Care Journal prayer requests, church body, church leadership and personal needs. We lift high the name of Jesus and through Worship of His goodness and faithfulness we present our requests to Him.
If you would like to join us, watch this website for upcoming dates/times or contact Adrienne Kegel. We typically meet for prayer at different times on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sunday evenings.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details